ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: One East Kentucky is a privately funded non-profit, regional economic development organization covering nine counties in the east Kentucky “Coal Fields” region. These counties include: Floyd, Knott, Johnson, Lawrence, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Perry and Pike.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under the direction of the One East Kentucky President and CEO, the OEK Project Manager performs a variety of professional project management duties involved in coordinating marketing, regional and organizational projects.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Develops and maintains good working relationship between OEK and regional partners
• Interacts with appropriate city and county departments as required
• Responds to and works with consultants and prospects of OEK
• Creates and maintains comprehensive project files for all industrial projects
• Develops appropriate marketing and branding material for prospects as well as existing projects
• Attendance at Industrial Development Board Meetings, Workforce Development Meetings as well as other regional meetings as required
• Assist President & CEO with business development and attraction activities
• Preparation of bi-monthly OEK Board Meetings
• Coordinate investor relations activities
• Maintain regular attendance and work varied hours, with possible conference, association and business travel required
• Research tax, utility and industry information for prospects
• Complete Cost/Benefit Analysis for regional projects
• Assist President & CEO with creation of and follow-up with new industrial leads
• As indicated by situation and workload, will occasionally represent OEK at business site visits, trade shows and marketing events
• Manage OEK website and social media
• Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as required
• Grant writing and administration
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of proven work experience in a public environment related to economic development and/or sales/marketing. Preference may be given to candidates possessing added skills, graduating from Basic Economic Development Course etc.
• Post-Secondary education in business and/or marketing preferred
• Technical and communication skills to perform the duties of this position are required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent project and task orientation capabilities
• Data collection and analysis
• Skills in both written and oral communications
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and make independent decisions when necessary and in accordance with policies and procedures
• Significant skill using software programs such as: Photoshop, Power Point, Excel, Word and other graphic design, presentation and information management programs as necessary.
• Ability to travel within the United States as well as internationally if necessary
• Willingness and ability to participate and complete advanced professional development education
• Quick-start and fast-learning individuals are preferred candidates
• Knowledge of general business practices are a must
• Knowledge of OEK target industries and their respective markets, customer base and support services are a plus.
• Basic principles of business to business marketing
• Working understanding of commercial/industrial real estate terminology
• Ability to think regionally, be a team player
PROCESS & EXPECTED SALARY:
To apply for this position, submit your letter of interest, resume and if you so choose, examples of previous work (not required) in .PDF Format electronically to:
One East Kentucky
The salary range expectation of this position is $45,000 to $60,000 annually DOQ including benefits. Performance bonus will also be considered. The individual chosen for this position is required to live within the nine-county region of One East Kentucky and have suitable transportation to and from the OEK offices on the campus of Big Sandy Community & Technical College in Prestonsburg, KY.